User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 1986 L. A. Wedding Announcement

Los Angeles Times, October 26, 1986

Congratulations to Christine McVie, who married Portuguese musician Eduardo (Eddie) Quintela De Mendonca last week in London. The couple's honeymoon is not expected to cause any further delays in the leisurely Fleetwood Mac recording schedule. The band is now scheduled to release its new album after the first of the year. .
Old 07-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[I would love to have been there]

March 29, 1987 Los Angeles Times

SECTION: Calendar; Page 83; Calendar Desk

LENGTH: 240 words

HEADLINE: POP EYE

BYLINE: By PATRICK GOLDSTEIN

BODY:
ON THE TOWN: Can Vince Neil hit the long ball? Has Lindsey Buckingham lost a step? Does Christine McVie still turn a double-play the way she used to? Find out this Friday at the First Annual T. J. Martel Foundation celebrity softball double-header, a benefit for the popular music industry charity, which funds cancer and leukemia research. The first game features an all-star rock radio team playing against a record company squad, while the nightcap offers a team of celebrity rockers, headed by Motley Crue's Tommy Lee and Vince Neil (and Heather Locklear), battling a celebrity roller squad, captained by Fleetwood Mac's John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie. Tickets for the games, which begin at 7 p.m. at the Hjelte Sports Center in Encino, are available only in advance from Ticketron or Tower Records outlets. . . .
Old 08-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

BODY:
ON THE TOWN: Can Vince Neil hit the long ball? Has Lindsey Buckingham lost a step? Does Christine McVie still turn a double-play the way she used to? Find out this Friday at the First Annual T. J. Martel Foundation celebrity softball double-header, a benefit for the popular music industry charity, which funds cancer and leukemia research. The first game features an all-star rock radio team playing against a record company squad, while the nightcap offers a team of celebrity rockers, headed by Motley Crue's Tommy Lee and Vince Neil (and Heather Locklear), battling a celebrity roller squad, captained by Fleetwood Mac's John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie. Tickets for the games, which begin at 7 p.m. at the Hjelte Sports Center in Encino, are available only in advance from Ticketron or Tower Records outlets. . . .
I would have loved to have seen that too!

Gail
Old 08-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Los Angeles Times, October 26, 1986

Congratulations to Christine McVie, who married Portuguese musician Eduardo (Eddie) Quintela De Mendonca last week in London. The couple's honeymoon is not expected to cause any further delays in the leisurely Fleetwood Mac recording schedule. The band is now scheduled to release its new album after the first of the year. .
I had no idea Eddie was Portuguese! Even after all these years, I learn something new every day on the Ledge!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I had no idea Eddie was Portuguese! Even after all these years, I learn something new every day on the Ledge!
That's how we got the nights in Estoril.

Michele
Old 08-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have any idea when they actually split? I'm not looking for intimate details etc (they are private after all) but just a rough idea would be good. All I know/think is that it was some time in the mid-90s?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^ I think it was right after The Dance.

And yes, thanks to Eddy, we got some pretty good songs--- Nights in Estoril, Little Lies, Isn't it Midnight, etc.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If he wasn't from Portugal the song would probably have been titled Nights in Earl Shilton.

Michele
Old 08-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

BODY:
I was there..

Old 08-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I was there..
Ooh. Remember anything interesting about it? Lots of laughter, goofing around?

I didn't move out to California until 2 months after this event, but I probably would not have known about it anyway.

Michele
Old 08-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I recall that there were many,many more Motley Crue fans there than us Fleetwood Mac fans mostly allof them dressed in now horribly dated 1980s El Lay hair band skank rock frocks.Stevie and Lindsey were not there .The Fleetwood team were pretty sedate cheering only when someone hit the ball or ran a base.Chris Nicks seemed to be the best player on the team.Christine did not play but did speak to some of us fans telling us that the soon to be released "Tango" "is a good album I promise you that" and signed a banner that we had made.Someone gave her a small plaque to give to Stevie and asked her if Stevie was working on a new album .(kind of tacky I thought)she responded "She resting now" and accepted the plauqe graciously .Another fan gave her a radio station bumper sticker after that to which she replied "Oh for ME!"I can't remember who won but I think it was Fleetwood Mac.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The quote "Oh I won't be running, I'll be in the bar" springs to mind!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 08-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Christine did not play but did speak to some of us fans telling us that the soon to be released "Tango" "is a good album I promise you that" and signed a banner that we had made.Someone gave her a small plaque to give to Stevie and asked her if Stevie was working on a new album .(kind of tacky I thought)she responded "She resting now" and accepted the plauqe graciously .
Thanks for the details. Oh, yeah I agree that was quite tacky of that fan. Christine was a good sport to show up.

Michele
Old 08-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
The quote "Oh I won't be running, I'll be in the bar" springs to mind!
That was from another interview back in 1983. She was promoting a benefit for UCLA that she was appearing in.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
That was from another interview back in 1983. She was promoting a benefit for UCLA that she was appearing in.
Yeah, I know. When BombaySapphire told about Christine not joining in, that was the first thing that popped into my head, that's all (:

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr