User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
If you were in the process of getting them, isn't TM policy that they are held for you? Perhaps you should complain.

ETA: I see that it all worked out for you in the end but still!

Hi Nancy,

I really had no grounds as the seat was yanked before the sale was completed. You can even make it all the way to the confirm stage and still loose tickets for a lot of reasons including system error(s.) On top of that, I use Visa and they always verify TM transactions so it could also have happened at the point which would have been even more heartbreaking.

It was a learning experience. It taught me that when two different methods of selecting tickets exist at the start of any sale (e.g., Interactive Seating Chart and the conventional TM Choose The Seat) it seems reasonable to assume that two different customers can "select" the same seat and to the fastest goes the spoils. Scalpers use multiple high speed computers and even pay people to stand in line at box offices. The average fan has only past experience, other fans help (e.g. sharing passwords), and Lady-Luck to even the playing field. This time Lady Luck shone on me. "Some days are diamonds some days are dust or dirt or what ever" JonBon wrote for Stevie back in the day.

And, like you said in the end it all worked out. Now one last show-McCallum and I can rest and enjoy the rest of my ten week summer vacation.

David

Thanks Man! Much Appreciated. Hope you do as well at all your shows.

Carol-Lynn

Last edited by carol7lynn; 06-17-2011 at 02:02 PM..
Old 06-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Hi Nancy,

I really had no grounds as the seat was yanked before the sale was completed. You can even make it all the way to the confirm stage and still loose tickets for a lot of reasons including system error(s.) On top of that, I use Visa and they always verify TM transactions so it could have also have happened at the point too.

It was a learning experience. It taught me that when two different methods of selecting tickets exist at the start of any sale (e.g., Interactive Seating Chart and the conventional TM Choose The Seat) it seems to reasonable to assume that two different customers can "select" the same seat and to the fastest goes the spoils. Scalpers use multiple high speed computers and even pay people to stand in line at box offices. The average fan has only past experience, other fans help (e.g. sharing passwords), and Lady-Luck to even the playing field. This time Lady Luck shined on me.

And, like you said in the end it all worked out. Now one last show-McCallum and I can rest and enjoy the rest of my ten week summer vacation.

David

Thanks Man! Much Appreciated. Hope you do as well at all your shows.

Carol-Lynn
I did well. I got second row for the Jacksonville b-day show!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Password for Napa anyone?! I've tried everything I can think of. LOL
Old 06-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Pittsburgh, PA show!

If I am going to the Pittsburgh show I am determined to get great seats.
Carnegie's site says tickets go on sale this saturday and it's not on TM yet. Does anyone know if there is going to be a presale?

I have been checking TM every hour and all of a sudden the Glenside date shows up and the presale is going on right now! I am so worried I am gonna miss the chance to get good tickets!

If anyone has info that I don't please share!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
If I am going to the Pittsburgh show I am determined to get great seats.
Carnegie's site says tickets go on sale this saturday and it's not on TM yet. Does anyone know if there is going to be a presale?

I have been checking TM every hour and all of a sudden the Glenside date shows up and the presale is going on right now! I am so worried I am gonna miss the chance to get good tickets!

If anyone has info that I don't please share!
as far as i know they arent doing a presale for the pittsburgh date. dont worry you will get good tickets for this show. i saw him at the byham i think in 2006 and i didnt buy tickets right away and still got 7th row center.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going as well! i've decided. It's final. I hope we get seats by each other!!!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
as far as i know they arent doing a presale for the pittsburgh date. dont worry you will get good tickets for this show. i saw him at the byham i think in 2006 and i didnt buy tickets right away and still got 7th row center.
That's good to know. I'm actually glad if there's not gonna be a presale because I can guarentee I wouldn't have the code for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm going as well! i've decided. It's final. I hope we get seats by each other!!!
Well now I have to go! It would be awesome if we could get seats close together...I wonder how we can make that happen
Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Ledgie

This show is only 2 hours away from me, but with school starting back up so shortly before the concert, I unfortunately won't be able to attend. But I hope everyone has a fabulous time who are going to the show.

Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
This show is only 2 hours away from me, but with school starting back up so shortly before the concert, I unfortunately won't be able to attend. But I hope everyone has a fabulous time who are going to the show.
Sorry to hear that Ashley I've gone back and forth deciding if I was going or not but I realized I just can't pass this up! I will be in school too so there's a chance I may end up driving 3 hours there, going to the show and then driving back to make it to class in the morning. Why does this concert have to be on a tuesday?!
Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
Sorry to hear that Ashley I've gone back and forth deciding if I was going or not but I realized I just can't pass this up! I will be in school too so there's a chance I may end up driving 3 hours there, going to the show and then driving back to make it to class in the morning. Why does this concert have to be on a tuesday?!
Ummm, can you not just play hookey for a day or two?
Old 06-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Im planning to go too!!! but i willbe by myself
Old 06-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Grove of Anaheim-Oct. 17, 2011

Finally after using two phones and two browsers I got my inside center aisle seat for the Grove-row E thirty minutes into the pre-sale today. Let me tell you I was bound and determined to get that seat no matter which row. A center aisle seat gives you instant access to the stage without anyone squawking about you standing in front of their seat. Hooray! Internet seats BTW sucked.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Finally after using two phones and two browsers I got my inside center aisle seat for the Grove-row E thirty minutes into the pre-sale today. Let me tell you I was bound and determined to get that seat no matter which row. A center aisle seat gives you instant access to the stage without anyone squawking about you standing in front of their seat. Hooray! Internet seats BTW sucked.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal
So, all you Ledgies who have been lucky enough to see Lindsey solo in the past, what would you say the general thing to do is regarding getting down to that stage?

Is it trying to get there before the show starts, or a mad dash the moment he takes to the stage, or do the audience sit in their seats for a while until it gets going?

Just wondering..... don't want to make a fool of myself by heading for that stage like a bat out of hell while everyone else is staying put!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey did anyone see on TM for MInneapolis it gave you the option of buying the cd and it looked like they had the album cover! go check it out!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what is the pre-sale password for Clearwater?