Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Destiny Rules...

The Destiny Rules video came off as expected!
Mick promised Lindsey what ever he wanted to suck
him in and than changed it his way!!! Poor John got
about three words in! He tells Mick off tho'!We were
pleased with the kindness Lindsey shows to John!

As always Stevie and Mick ruled the recording! If I
were Lindsey I would not want to sing about an old
love either! The past is over but Stevie embarrased
him by hanging on to the past in her songs!!!Please
Lord send the woman her own man to love!!!Sky
Old 03-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gees, that was kinda of harsh. I dont think that way at all. I really liked the documentary and think that everything worked out perfectly.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Destiny Rules...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cammie

Did we watch the same documentary???

Lindsey and Stevie NEVER argued about the content of Stevie's songs. NOT ONCE. He said that he was AMAZED and was FLATTERED that she wrote "Thrown Down" about him. Frankly, I find your comment about "Lindsey being embarrassed that Stevie is hanging on to him through her songs" ridiculous and completely off-base.

And furthermore, she's not hanging on to anything that doesn't want to be hung on to. Why don't you hit rewind on your tape and watch the documentary again. Maybe you'll get it this time.

Old 03-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ehhhh.....right..... he was sooooooo embarassed....

and none of Lindsey's songs are about Stevie either...

Maybe you need to pay better attention to the way he introduces that song at the concerts that you have as your quote.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

I agree about the harshness.....Lindsay never said he didn't want to sing the songs....and she embarassed him? I think he likes the fact that she writes about him. What man wouldn't? Like he never writes about her?

Lindsay got the most air time by far.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The past is over but Stevie embarrased
Hey Cammie! Check out the picture courtesy of the fabulous Lux that is currently in Merf's as well as my sig. It's from a recent show in Australia. IMO, that's not a man embarassed by a former lover. Of course, I could be wrong

At any rate and despite however you feel about Stevie and her "hanging on to the past," Lindsey NEVER said he was embarassed that she still wrote songs about him. He seemed genuinely touched by her words.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That makes no sense- only a handful of songs could be about Lindsey and only one- Thrown Down, is confirmed to be about him. And you mean to tell me that Bleed To Love Her is not about Stevie? I think it is, at least...

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In all honesty I had DIFFERENT expectations of this documentary...I was expecting it to be mostly about the fighting, when in all actuality that was not the case...

For once VH1 has made an incredible show....this film showed me as a Mac fan things I never knew about them...how NORMAL they truly are..and i dunno how to explain but it really changed the way I think about this group, for the better...

I loved it...the tender and awesome moments...Stevie looked great just bein normal, casual and herself...and surpringly she wasnt very airheaded at all, but more level headed...especially about the double record comment she made about people worrying about paying their bills, not art...Who knew she REALLY understood us? lol

I left this documentary with a great feeling of a band who loves their fans and what they do...they love the music, and eachother...what a nice piece of work say you will is..

Chris
Old 03-15-2004, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
That makes no sense- only a handful of songs could be about Lindsey and only one- Thrown Down, is confirmed to be about him. And you mean to tell me that Bleed To Love Her is not about Stevie? I think it is, at least...
Well it isn't. LB told the story back in the day during an interview. It`s about a different girl he met.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

I enjoyed the documentary. Again, as with Fleetwood Mac's music, it was like I was visiting with old friends for an evening.

Yes, there were a few 'tense moments' but they seemed to resolve them quickly. Stevie even referred to it by saying something to the effect of how she and Lindsey CAN say what they want to say to each other...whether it's positive or negative...but are able to let it go and move on, rather than have it consume them as they have in the past...Like it or not, there is a genuine love and respect between them.

John seemed happiest when he was on the boat!!

Mick was his usual self. So was Lindsey...I have a tremendous amount of respect for Lindsey as an artist and especially as a producer, where I think he's brilliant, but sometimes does come across as arrogant...which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when working as a unit, it can be difficult...but as with any dysfunctional family, they seem to know deal and handle each other.

In any case, this was great to watch.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie is 'hanging on'??

You really must be kidding posting that kind of comment. I have read this board for years, but choose not to post. However, I just cannot help myself this time. "Stevie is hanging on to Lindsey through her songs"? WTF? Maybe you do not HEAR the lyrics to Thrown Down correctly. "He fell for her again".....Stevie has confirmed many times that she wrote this song about Lindsey during the Dance tour. He, Lindsey, fell her her again, Stevie. She said last night that the barricade of time always gets in their way. Time was a factor in 97/98 because Lindsey and Kristen had gotten pregnant. During the same time frame in 97 that Kristen got pregnant, Lindsey was onstage with Stevie dedicating BTLH to Stevie on several occasions. Lindsey very obviously still has feelings for Stevie and vice versus. How far or deep those feelings really are, none of us know. One thing is for sure, a wedding ring certainly does not indicate happiness. Lindsey may very well be happy. All of his dreams may have now come true with Kristen but I see many mixed signals coming from Lindsey, not just Stevie. To basically insinuate that Stevie is pining away for Lindsey and he is unhappy that she still has enough love for him to write such beautiful songs about him is insulting. Where are all of the beautiful love songs that Lindsey has written about Kristen? Don't fool yourself, Lindsey still writes about Stevie, he just does not speak openly about it. He said it felt "strange" to be singing songs that he knew were written about him. He did not say or indicate he did not like it, or was unhappy about it. For heavens sake, stop putting words in Lindsey's mouth and misrepresenting most of what he says about things.

KellyAnne

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 03-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, by the same logic SN should have declined to sing on "Say Goodbye," which is all about LB and SN and was written 15 or so years ago Moreover, the only song of SN's nine that I can see on SYW that was written about LB was TD, which was written during The Dance. So, apparently that was not old love from the 70's - it was new love from 1997. People have speculated SN's EFO is about LB, but no proof exists to support this. But, even if it was, that is only two of nine songs Two of nine is one more than LB's one song about SN, which again was written about 15 years ago. So, SN's songs to LB are about their new relationship and LB's are about the old. Hmmmm. Finally, Stevie has said LB is flattered that she writes about him and he has made no comment that he dislikes it and he certainly has commented on the fact that she writes about him.

I suggest getting your facts straight before posting such incorrect and inciteful comments.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 03-15-2004 at 09:45 AM..
Old 03-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: Minnesota....but really ANYWHERE but HERE.....because it SUCKS!!!

Oh gag me.. I'm not even going to bite. You really are the biasly blind.. aren't you? This goes a step beyond harsh. I echo the sentiments everyone else had said, get over their closeness....that won't change. And he was touched. There wasn't one moment he was uncomfortable.

"Bondage looks good on ya B, the outfits all wrong, but hey"~Faith in 'Enemies'

"Hello, GAY now"~ Willow in 'Triangle'
Old 03-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Now everyone's piling on. Wow! Her comments aren't really all that off-base. Maybe just the last one. Obviously, Stevie and Lindsey both still have a torch. The bummer is men get to have it all, the young wives to keep the homefires burning, the little kiddies, but they get to flame their true passions at work. Stevie, on the other hand, has her dogs and her work. She can't have it both ways like the guys. It sucks. Still, her family (Mom, Dad, Chris, Lori, Jessica) must be what keeps her grounded. How else could she keep doing what she does?

I don't see her as desperately hanging on to Lindsey. She wants closure. She wants reassurance that everything they went through together was not just for the fame and money, which are meaningless as you get older if you lose everything else in the process. I see her making the utmost of a situation I wouldn't be able to deal with after all the years of agony and heartache. She's come a long way in maturity, I think.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Destiny Rules...

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Hey Cammie! Check out the picture courtesy of the fabulous Lux that is currently in Merf's as well as my sig. It's from a recent show in Australia. IMO, that's not a man embarassed by a former lover. Of course, I could be wrong
People who know ALL the history between them might say that pic shows something else, too. Take a look at her, not just him. Does she seem comfortable to you? I don't think he means it this way, but a lot of people who know his treatment of her when they were together could say he is doing that in a controlling way. I don't think it's like that now, but old habits die hard in some people's minds and her hand placement and her facial expression could be seen as defensive, if you know what I mean.