Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Wow, she did Edge in Houston!!!! AMAZING!!

This review is from someone at the FM.com site. I am LMAO!!

The Fleetwood Mac concert at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in Houston tonight was incredible. they opened with a bright light blinding the audience and then they shut it off and instantly put a spot light on stevie nicks and of course she was in her famous sprawled out spread eagle stance and she immediately opened with 'edge of seventeen.' after that they went right into 'thunder only happens when it rains.' this concert was truely amazing. Stevie Nicks changed her "poncho" thing 7 or 8 times which was quite amusing. another very special and entertaining piece was stevie and lindsey doing 'Landslide.' the ampitheater turned out all of the lights except one sport light on the both of them. as they sang, countless lighters were lit to light up the audience. this was amazing since the ampitheater was outside, the wind was blowing the lights. i geuss you had to be there... in the end after 2 1/2 hours of an incredible performance they ended with maybe 4 encores which included one of my favorites 'dont stop thinkin about tomorrow.' this show was amazing and i am glad that i got to see Fleetwood Mac live before i wouldnt be able to.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:42 PM
bluewhitefire
This message has been deleted by bluewhitefire.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can understand not being completely familiar with some of the songs' true titles (referring to "Dreams" as "Thunder Only Happens When It's Raining," for example), but wow, that's sure going some to confuse "The Chain" with "Edge Of Seventeen"!
Old 06-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
This review is from someone at the FM.com site. I am LMAO!!
It's the personal touch and attention to detail over at the Fleetwood Mac Official Site which will probably convince me to renew my membership when this tour is over.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhitefire
WAH?????she did edge of 17 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? omg i cant believe that that is awsome for those of you that go tto see that !!!!j GO STEPHANIE LYNN NICKS!!!!!1 wo ooo hoooo!!!!1
YAH MAN!!!1
~SHANNA
I hope that was sarcasm. LOL She didn't do Edge of 17 in Houston or anywhere else this tour. This person was confused, they did The Chain first, then Dreams...er...Thunder Only Happens When It's Raining.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What did everyone think of "Shadow on My Dad's Stone" on the Boston DVD? Or what about "Have Fun Tell the World" at the end of it? My personal favorite was "You Come Running Down the Hill" before "Bright Eyes!"

Old 06-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

What did everyone think of "Shadow on My Dad's Stone" on the Boston DVD? Or what about "Have Fun Tell the World" at the end of it? My personal favorite was "You Come Running Down the Hill" before "Bright Eyes!"

LOL!

To be honest, I stopped reading them. I found it so hard to figure out which show they were talking about, where I left off the last time and opening each seperate fan review ...only to see "fantastic show" got on my nerves
Old 06-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

:

way too funny... I am REALLY LMAO!!
Old 06-20-2004, 04:49 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:38 PM
bluewhitefire
This message has been deleted by bluewhitefire.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Uh...poncho thing????

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!
Old 06-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking In a word...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

I can remember my concet last year when they did "Pale Shadow" "PeaceMaker" "Time Cast A Spell On You" "Say You Love Me"
Old 06-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Wow I'm glad they did Thunder Only Happens When It's Raining instead of Dreams, hehe

But this brings us to a good question. Over on the Stevie Nicks Underground recently it had a Mirage rehearsal for download with the Mac jamming on Edge Of 17. It wasn't the complete song, but they were definitely trying to work it out.
I wonder if they contemplated playing it on the Mirage tour?
Is this still available for download? Sounds interesting...
Old 06-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default More E017 Fun

Last year I was on my way back to town from Myrtle Beach the night of the concert in Buffalo. So it's about mid-afternoon and I am about 20 miles from home and decide...maybe I should put on 97-Rock (the local classic rock station) to see if they are doing anything for the concert tonight. Sure enough, they are playing Edge of Seventeen. So I listen through that and then the DJ comes on, and starts babbling about the show tonight. Now mind you, I have been away for over a week and Buffalo was pretty early in the tour, so I hadn't see any setlists or anything....he starts with.."that was Edge of Seventeen from Stevie's solo album (yeah, her ONE solo album) and actually the band has already broken that song out for some of the shows on this tour so you better get ready to rock out!" Now I'm flipping out...I had seen the rehearsal setlist before I left and now this guy is saying they are doing EO17! Of course, I get home, check The Ledge, and OBVIOUSLY...no EO17. I sent him an e-mail...he responded with some load of garbage about how that's what the band's press release said or something. I guess we shouldn't expect all fans to be the knowledge bases that well all are, but why would you just make something like that up? Idiot.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

was it Slick Tom. Becuase I don't like him.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
But this brings us to a good question. Over on the Stevie Nicks Underground recently it had a Mirage rehearsal for download with the Mac jamming on Edge Of 17. It wasn't the complete song, but they were definitely trying to work it out.
I wonder if they contemplated playing it on the Mirage tour?
Just screwing around. They wouldn't have played it on tour.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
I can remember my concet last year when they did "Pale Shadow" "PeaceMaker" "Time Cast A Spell On You" "Say You Love Me"
My personal favorite was "Bow-bow-bow-bow Do-do diddly-do." Man that brings back memories, how it was the first track off of the "Seicrets" album.

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...