Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Desert Island

I'm sure we've discussed this before but if you were stranded on a desert island which member of the band (past or present) would you want to be stranded with you and why?

I would choose John because he would be a good laugh and I think he would be very practical in terms of building a shelter, looking for food etc.

Christine would also be a good choice for the same reasons but I think John would be physically stronger and able to protect me from wild animals etc.

Mick would be quite good because he is so tall but I fear Lindsey and Stevie would be hopeless. Stevie would be good fun but I think I would have to do all the work and Lindsey would probably just whine that he hadn't got his guitar with him or something.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
I'm sure we've discussed this before but if you were stranded on a desert island which member of the band (past or present) would you want to be stranded with you and why?

I would choose John because he would be a good laugh and I think he would be very practical in terms of building a shelter, looking for food etc.

Christine would also be a good choice for the same reasons but I think John would be physically stronger and able to protect me from wild animals etc.

Mick would be quite good because he is so tall but I fear Lindsey and Stevie would be hopeless. Stevie would be good fun but I think I would have to do all the work and Lindsey would probably just whine that he hadn't got his guitar with him or something.

Any thoughts?
Stevie. She could build us a fort out of all that chiffon
Old 12-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
and Lindsey would probably just whine that he hadn't got his guitar with him or something.
omg, this is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

i would have 2 pick stevie tho, even if she wasn't good @ finding/building shelter or finding food & such, i would risk mayb not lasting as long if i picked another more useful bandmember, just 2 sit & chat w/ the enchanted one ~
Old 12-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Any thoughts?
Are you sure about that? John's short, too, so he wouldn't be very good at gathering. Christine and I could make coconut and banana wine, scratch Mick's name on the side of the decanter for a laugh, get lit, and retire to our cave.
Hey, a fella can dream.....
Old 12-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd have to take Mick just because he's so tall he could reach coconuts with ease. Not to mention that he'd be able to make music the easiest since he's a drummer. Just find a few rocks and we'd be jammin' like it's after a Survivor reward challenge.

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 12-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd take Stevie. With only two people on the island, it would be important to have someone there to keep the conversation going, and I'm sure there would never be a quiet moment. Besides, being around that much ocean/desert, I'm sure she would be able to knock out a few thousand extra songs from all the inspiration. Plus, platforms could be used as hammers for building shelter and for bashing wild game over the head for dinner. Chiffon = fishnet. And all the big flashy jewelry could be used to signal rescue planes, or start a fire if we got the angle to the sun just right.

I'd never take Lindsey. I'd be at the hut trying to make coconuts and grub worms different, and he'd be lying around practicing the guitar!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Are you sure about that? John's short, too, so he wouldn't be very good at gathering. Christine and I could make coconut and banana wine, scratch Mick's name on the side of the decanter for a laugh, get lit, and retire to our cave.
Hey, a fella can dream.....
Yes John is kind of short but I think he said something in his Q&A about wood working or something like that so he would probably be able to build a shelter. He can probably catch fish as well. If he caught them I could bash 'em over the head and then he'd have to do the messy bit but I could cook them (if he'd made a fire that is)

Actually I don't think I'd be all that much use on this island!

Gail
Old 12-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie would be helpless. Mick would drive me nuts with all his talking. John would be too quiet. Christine would be tough and dependable. But, I think Lindsey is the only one I'd want to have sex with, so he wins. I can gather food, kill animals, and build stuff by myself. Then again, that Billy Burnette was kind of cute too.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
I'd take Stevie. With only two people on the island, it would be important to have someone there to keep the conversation going, and I'm sure there would never be a quiet moment. Besides, being around that much ocean/desert, I'm sure she would be able to knock out a few thousand extra songs from all the inspiration. Plus, platforms could be used as hammers for building shelter and for bashing wild game over the head for dinner. Chiffon = fishnet. And all the big flashy jewelry could be used to signal rescue planes, or start a fire if we got the angle to the sun just right.

I'd never take Lindsey. I'd be at the hut trying to make coconuts and grub worms different, and he'd be lying around practicing the guitar!!!

however, i would pick Lindsey. See Sparky's reason above.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 12-19-2004 at 02:52 PM..
Old 12-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this is really stupid -
but i'd have to vote for Lindsey and Chris because they'd be able to have a conversation about something other than Fleetwood Mac (or themselves).
Old 12-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My gosh I don't think I'd want to be with any of them. I can't see any of them being of much use on a desert island. If I had to pick it would probably be Stevie but I'd make her sing to me all the time. Hey, I'd settle for an Ipod with all of my FM stuff on it!
Old 12-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think while Lindsey would whine a lot I still would pick him. It might get cold at night and I would rather cuddle with Lindsey to keep me warm.
Who knows maybe we could find a practical use for his hair.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Hehehehe...

Sparky has the right idea.

Stevie would be useless and work my nerves after awhile, I think. It would be cool at first, tho, oh, and no romance. Mick, like John said, talks too much for my liking, so no. John would be cool to have around, but he's more like an uncle figure, so no romance there. LOL!! Christine would be fun too, we could have some great girl talk or something and she has a great sense of humour, again tho...no romance. Jeremy would be a great choice, if it were like 1969 or something. I'm not into cults, thank you. LOL Peter, , before the LSD took over, sure. Danny, sweet, shy, Danny...from what the rest of FM members say about him, I don't think he'd be fun to be around. Bob Welch would be cool, but yeah, no romance. Bob Weston was a cutie back in the day, and I think he's not bad today...so he's a maybe. Don't know much about him, except if there's another gal on the island, he would cheat on me. LOL Rick Vito and Billy Burnette, don't know much about them, but I'm sure they'd be nice to be around. Bekka, nice gal, I'm sure, no romance.

My choice: Lindsey. He's hot and he'd keep me entertained by finding various stuff on the island to use on his record...when we finally got rescued, even tho I'd try everything in my power to make that NOT happen.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
My choice: Lindsey. He's hot and he'd keep me entertained by finding various stuff on the island to use on his record

Yeah, thats what I thought. Can't you see Lindsey being inspired to make Tusk 2 with the jungle around him.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'll think I'll just resort to John's answer on the Q and A. "Why the hell would I want to leave?".
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "