The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Spoken intro to Surrender the Rain???

While browsing eBay I came upon his studio master cassette (Basically an acetate but a cassette tape version) which features as track #10 a spoken word intro for Surrender the Rain, Has anyone any knowledge of this spoken word intro???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...876454101&rd=1

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thats on the regular CD too, just as #11 and thats only becuase The This is the Time intro and This is the Time were counted as one track. So it's really nothing big at all.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Thats on the regular CD too, just as #11 and thats only becuase The This is the Time intro and This is the Time were counted as one track. So it's really nothing big at all.
I recall that being on the disc, Have to hunt for it down in my collecton, probably have a better chance of finding the Ark of the Covenant than locating my OOTC disc...

Brian "Indiana Jones this " j.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Aiieee. This being the disc that is always either in my cd player or sitting next to it about to be played.
it was in one of my cd players for awhile but the lossless GOS disc has upsurp it, Which is now usurped itself (The GOS disc) by the Mother Love Bone disc (The song "Bone China" has a Led Zep "No Quarter" sound to it)

I need a bigger house for my music collection

Old 02-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
it was in one of my cd players for awhile but the lossless GOS disc has upsurp it, Which is now usurped itself (The GOS disc) by the Mother Love Bone disc (The song "Bone China" has a Led Zep "No Quarter" sound to it)

I need a bigger house for my music collection
I remember buying that MLB record in '91. Haven't played it for a long time. Thanks for reminding me. And Bone China pops up in my head again and I agree onthe Zep-parallel.

And eh, that losless GOS-disc is now on my NR.1 want-list. Can we work something out mate?

gerald

Old 02-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I need smelling salts to revive me from passing out if I don't hear OOTC every day. The lossless GOS is second place on my playlist right now but moving up fast. What can I say? OOTC had a 10 year head start.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
The lossless GOS is second place on my playlist right now but moving up fast. What can I say? OOTC had a 10 year head start.
That lossless GOS is perfection and such a great gift right now. I've been playing it a lot since I got it. Thanks to whoever made it possible
Old 02-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
That lossless GOS is perfection and such a great gift right now. I've been playing it a lot since I got it. Thanks to whoever made it possible
I agree with yer statement, The lossless GOS smokes the lame-as-lint MP3 sourced version back to Pluto

Last edited by estranged4life; 02-25-2005 at 08:23 PM..
Old 02-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with yer statement, The lossless GOS smokes the lame-as-lint MP3 sourced version back to Pluto
the difference is so amazing, it's almost like you're listening to something else and totally new and different than those old songs..........like an actual released new Lindsey GOS cd

The lossless GOS is the poster child for why lossless shouldn't ever be compared to MP3.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation There should be...

Quote:
the difference is so amazing, it's almost like you're listening to something else and totally new and different than those old songs..........like an actual released new Lindsey GOS cd

The lossless GOS is the poster child for why lossless shouldn't ever be compared to MP3.
more lossless goodies showing up soon, If the f**kin' mail hasnt lost the packages I mailed off last week...I hate worrying about packages when I mail 'em

Old 02-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You said it! A good example of when the difference IS noticeable.

As entitlements go, they can do away with Social Security, but every American deserves broadband and a 200 gig HD.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
more lossless goodies showing up soon, If the f**kin' mail hasnt lost the packages I mailed off last week...I hate worrying about packages when I mail 'em
oooh, new goodies to look forward to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
You said it! A good example of when the difference IS noticeable
Every time I listen to the new GOS I keep thinking about all the new playlists I want to create mixing those songs with some of the SYW tracks and other things we have. Definitely feels brand new.

Quote:
As entitlements go, they can do away with Social Security, but every American deserves broadband and a 200 gig HD.
LOL! I was so happy to realize I can listen to WAV files on my MP3 player/thingie.......but with the space these files eat up... a 60GB won't even help

Lossless rules
Old 02-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wait, what the hell is this "lossless" GOS you guys are talking about. I'm really lost there.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
wait, what the hell is this "lossless" GOS you guys are talking about. I'm really lost there.
The bit torrent download of the original GOS tracks that were put up on EZTree about 2 weeks ago. The lossless torrents of these tracks are like listening to a whole new album, the quality is that good and makes that much of a difference.

Last edited by Cour; 02-26-2005 at 12:41 AM..
Old 02-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, I can't do the Bit Torrent thing so I can't get this, but hopefully we'll actually be getting the real solo album very shortly.

He Will Burn You Down