User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Billboard Lindsey Mention

Just wanted to let everyone know that Joe68 posted an 'Ask Billboard' blurb on the Stevie Forum, regarding whether the Mac will be touring this year, which included a mention of Lindsey's upcoming album.

The full article can be found in this thread, and here's the passage specific to Lindsey:

Quote:
Meanwhile, band member Lindsey Buckingham is at work on a forthcoming studio album, which he hopes to release by the end of the year.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First, it was in March, then it was this summer, and now it is by the end of the year.

Tisk, tisk, Lindsey. Stick with a plan man.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 03-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation I'm happy about this!!

I need some more time to save up cash, so this is good news. I was a little bit scared he would be venturing out this summer/fall, but it looks like perhaps early 2006. YAY, hopefully, I can see him for my 30th birthday!!!

Thanks for posting, JS!!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I need some more time to save up cash, so this is good news. I was a little bit scared he would be venturing out this summer/fall, but it looks like perhaps early 2006. YAY, hopefully, I can see him for my 30th birthday!!!

Thanks for posting, JS!!

I was kind of hoping to see him near my 40th b-day but I guess Stevie will do.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I was kind of hoping to see him near my 40th b-day but I guess Stevie will do.
I still hope for sept. 23.

yes, i'll turn 40 that day.....

Old 03-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks for posting, JS!!
I need more time to save up $$$$ too! We're goin to Disney World in a coupla months, so the cash I have is already spoken for! Of course, if Lindsey did venture out, I'd find a way to be there SOMEHOW!

Guess I'll be seeing him for my er...umm....36th b'day.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol

We should all take signs to his shows that say, "I'm turning ___ this year!!" LOL
Old 03-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
We should all take signs to his shows that say, "I'm turning ___ this year!!" LOL
Christy,

That is one secret that I want to keep.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Bwah!

Well, you can say 29. Hehe. I look like I'm 16, so I don't care saying I'm almost 30. I don't feel 30, and I act 5 so...LOL
Old 03-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Deja vu*23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Just wanted to let everyone know that Joe68 posted an 'Ask Billboard' blurb on the Stevie Forum, regarding whether the Mac will be touring this year, which included a mention of Lindsey's upcoming album.

The full article can be found in this thread, and here's the passage specific to Lindsey:
As this simply is predictibly ridiculous I don`t think any further comment is needed. But nothing is ever needed so I guess I`ll comment it anyway:
We must be insane to waste our time over here waiting for it to really happen. On the other hand I am not disappointed as I didn`t expect anything different. And I am willing to bet that the thing won`t see the light of the day "by the end of the year".
N o
.....w a y !
Old 03-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We'll see, I hope he changes his mind
Old 03-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
As this simply is predictibly ridiculous I don`t think any further comment is needed. But nothing is ever needed so I guess I`ll comment it anyway:
We must be insane to waste our time over here waiting for it to really happen. On the other hand I am not disappointed as I didn`t expect anything different. And I am willing to bet that the thing won`t see the light of the day "by the end of the year".
N o
.....w a y !
It's kind of frustrating... outside of just wanting new music... that Lindsey is in danger of blowing yet another really great chance to get his music out to a much larger audience.

'The Dance' restored so much goodwill for the band members and created such an incredible buzz, that Lindsey was poised to have a very impressive success with 'Gift Of Screws.'
Plus, the amount of free publicity the album got in the many and sundry articles about the reunion, was immeasurable. But, alas, the boat was missed.

Now, with all of the absolutely rave reviews he got for his performances and energy-levels on the 'Say You Will' tour, and how many new fans he acquired in the process... the thought of yet another great opportunity passing him by, is almost sickening.

We'll all stick around, because we've been fans for years... but how many new fans will stick around if an album is promised repeatedly but not delivered?

Here's to hoping he delivers on that fourth quarter estimation.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default album

Question. Could it be possible that he is unable to release the album again do to label issues or whatever? He missed the boat with the Dance but there were execs involved with that boat missing...i think he WANTED GoS released back then. Perhaps the same thing is happening now? No offers from big labels perhaps? He might not be accepting of the small label idea yet....although I do wish he would do whatever it took to get this music out..even if it means leaving the familiarity and comfort of Reprise/WB.
Wasn't there just a big change at WB again? I am not sure of the details but I do remember hearing talk of new CEO's and a liquor company being involved. Anyone know any details about that?

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 03-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Question. Could it be possible that he is unable to release the album again do to label issues or whatever? He missed the boat with the Dance but there were execs involved with that boat missing...i think he WANTED GoS released back then. Perhaps the same thing is happening now? No offers from big labels perhaps? He might not be accepting of the small label idea yet....although I do wish he would do whatever it took to get this music out..even if it means leaving the familiarity and comfort of Reprise/WB.
Wasn't there just a big change at WB again? I am not sure of the details but I do remember hearing talk of new CEO's and a liquor company being involved. Anyone know any details about that?
Yeah good question... wondered that myself
Old 04-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Bloody warner brothers! That place has gone to hell in a hand basket!

But dont worry, knowing Lindsey I'm sure the music will be released sometime this side of 2015