Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default for the love of La Mer

I know Chris and I (and Stevie, of course) are La Mer junkies, but I wondered how many of us use it and which ones you're using and what kind of results you've gotten. praise it, bash it, ask questions, comments...it's all things La Mer.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, I'll start, how expensive is it?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I use it daily and have great skin. To be fair, my skin was good before it. I also LOVE Lancome's new facial product, but, it is $225 for the jar.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...65654&ev19=1:1

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I use it daily and have great skin. To be fair, my skin was good before it. I also LOVE Lancome's new facial product, but, it is $225 for the jar.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...65654&ev19=1:1
WHoa! You mean for the size Jaz displayed in his sig?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I started using it about three years ago (the moisturizing cream) and had to stop a few months ago because I couldn't afford to buy a new batch. I have to say my skin has really taken a downturn after that. After Stevie in March I'm going to order a new jar and start again. It's magnificent stuff.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
1 oz $110.00
2 oz. $195.00
16.5 oz. $1200.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I know...I had good skin before, thank god, but I love it. Do you actually use the creme de la mer morning and night? I just started doing that.

I watched some stuff about philosophy skincare and it looked good, I might try that. I need to get a weekly peel and intesive treatment program too, but not sure who has the best.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
1 oz $110.00
2 oz. $195.00
16.5 oz. $1200.00

I know...I had good skin before, thank god, but I love it. Do you actually use the creme de la mer morning and night? I just started doing that.

I watched some stuff about philosophy skincare and it looked good, I might try that. I need to get a weekly peel and intesive treatment program too, but not sure who has the best.
How big is the jar in your sig pic?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How big is the jar in your sig pic?
oh, I'm not sure. it's just a random pic. I have 1 oz and have used it since about Sept/Oct of last year and still have at least half a jar left. a little goes a long way. I also have the eye balm and the lip balm, which both also go a long way.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well Jazzy, I use a lot of the products, some of which I am out of right now. About four times a year, Neiman's does a gift with purchase (you can do it online if you don't have a store near you) and they'll kick down with some pretty nice swag.
If I'm not wearing any makeup, I won't go outside without the SPF 18 Fluid. I also use the Miracle Broth cream every other night. The firming serum that comes in the little bottle with the eye dropper is magnficent for around the eyes after a late night. It feels really good when you put it on. I've also used the cleasing lotion (too heavy for me) and the cleansing gel (nice). I've heard that the eye balm is fab so I'm going to try that with my next La Mer run.
Oh yeah, now that Jazzy mentioned it, I have used the lip balm. It has a nice minty flavor to it.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 01-18-2007 at 11:51 AM..
Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh, I'm not sure. it's just a random pic. I have 1 oz and have used it since about Sept/Oct of last year and still have at least half a jar left. a little goes a long way. I also have the eye balm and the lip balm, which both also go a long way.
This is interesting. Ive never used any stuff like this, so what would you say is the best thing it does for you?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Well Jazzy, I use a lot of the products, some of which I am out of right now. About four times a year, Neiman's does a gift with purchase (you can do it online if you don't have a store near you) and they'll kick down with some pretty nice swag.
If I'm not wearing any makeup, I won't go outside without the SPF 18 Fluid. I also use the Miracle Broth cream every other night. The firming serum that comes in the little bottle with the eye dropper is magnficent for around the eyes after a late night. It feels really good when you put it on. I've also used the cleasing lotion (too heavy for me) and the cleansing gel (nice). I've heard that the eye balm is fab so I'm going to try that with my next La Mer run.
awesome. thanks for the tips. I need to look into the Miracle Broth. yeah, the eye balm is fabulous. I need a good cleanser...especially one that takes off heavy stage makeup without stripping my skin. I've heard that philosophy's Purity Made Simple is the best, but I'm gonna keep looking.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Baby, if you have to ask, you don't want to know.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is interesting. Ive never used any stuff like this, so what would you say is the best thing it does for you?
it does a lot. I'd say it helps even out the texture of your skin, hydrates very well and smooths out fine lines and wrinkles. it also gives your skin a nice, glowy look - if your skin looks sallow or dull, this would work wonders.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it does a lot. I'd say it helps even out the texture of your skin, hydrates very well and smooths out fine lines and wrinkles. it also gives your skin a nice, glowy look - if your skin looks sallow or dull, this would work wonders.
Jeez! I'm not that bad. Although I am getting up there, 36 in March.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
awesome. thanks for the tips. I need to look into the Miracle Broth. yeah, the eye balm is fabulous. I need a good cleanser...especially one that takes off heavy stage makeup without stripping my skin. I've heard that philosophy's Purity Made Simple is the best, but I'm gonna keep looking.
You might want to get a sample of the La Mer cleasning lotion. I've used the Philososphy bath products because my daughter likes the smell of them but that's about it.
Also O don't know if you've ever tried Lancome Bi Facil eye makeup remover but that stuff will remove just about anything without drying even waterproof mascara.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 01-18-2007 at 11:56 AM..