Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just watched Mick on UK Television

He was on a show called The One Show which is kind of a chat show with some current affairs thrown in.

He said FM would start rehearsing in Jan and would definately be on the road in 2009.

Gail
Old 10-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

You beat me to it! Was great seeing him. Glad he confirmed they're to hit the road again next year.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mum rang me to tell me this. She was all excited because she's dying to see the Mac again. I told her that they might not be doing the UK as Lindsey had said they'd probably just do a US tour but her logic was that if Mick was talking about it on UK television they will probably do the UK. I hope they do because I'm not flying back to the States for another Mac related adventure. Not twice within a year of each other!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
He was on a show called The One Show which is kind of a chat show with some current affairs thrown in.

He said FM would start rehearsing in Jan and would definately be on the road in 2009.

Gail
That's exciting. I'm holding him to the "definitely."

Michele
Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Ledgie

Mick asked the people to come see him on British TV

The only Fleetwood Mac fan in Cumbria.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Are they in the studio?
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've captured this from the BBC iPlayer and uploaded a cropped version (with just Mick's segments) onto VEOH
- http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16228325...ane-Interviews

enjoy.............

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 10-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
My mum rang me to tell me this. She was all excited because she's dying to see the Mac again. I told her that they might not be doing the UK as Lindsey had said they'd probably just do a US tour but her logic was that if Mick was talking about it on UK television they will probably do the UK. I hope they do because I'm not flying back to the States for another Mac related adventure. Not twice within a year of each other!
I hope your mom is right for your sake, but Mick's been touring the UK, which is why he was on UK television.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I hope your mom is right for your sake, but Mick's been touring the UK, which is why he was on UK television.
Yeah, that's what I told her. Lindsey has said it would be a US tour and I think that's what it will end up as. They'll maybe do a world tour if they get round to recording an album and touring for that but I'm not holding too much hope for one in '09
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Yeah, that's what I told her. Lindsey has said it would be a US tour and I think that's what it will end up as. They'll maybe do a world tour if they get round to recording an album and touring for that but I'm not holding too much hope for one in '09
There will be no surprises - after all its Fleetwood Mac were talking about.
US tour only then Album then Possible world tour although dont hold your breath.
Shi t sandwich, I Know.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope they don't put out a album. I have thought about it long and hard and decided on that. Lindsey has been very prolific with his solo career recently, and Stevie has had an amazing solo career already, so anything they still have to write would go in there. I don't think that we need another Mac album like Say You Will. It was more like some Lindsey solo and Stevie solo just put side by side, with out the usual Macification. But that's just me.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
I hope they don't put out a album. I have thought about it long and hard and decided on that. Lindsey has been very prolific with his solo career recently, and Stevie has had an amazing solo career already, so anything they still have to write would go in there. I don't think that we need another Mac album like Say You Will. It was more like some Lindsey solo and Stevie solo just put side by side, with out the usual Macification. But that's just me.
I agree with you, but I really like Say You Will on the whole. Side by side beats a lot of what is out there for me. I'm looking forward to new material in whatever way that arrives. But it would be nice to get some Macification.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well supposedly if another Mac album will be made, it will be more collaborative in nature. I love Say You Will, but it's cool that Lindsey seems to have burned through much of the Gift of Screws stuff and is also seems to have exercised his palette with the last two albums' new material. The next logical step is for him to bring that attitude and vision to a new Mac album . . . .

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Well supposedly if another Mac album will be made, it will be more collaborative in nature. I love Say You Will, but it's cool that Lindsey seems to have burned through much of the Gift of Screws stuff and is also seems to have exercised his palette with the last two albums' new material. The next logical step is for him to bring that attitude and vision to a new Mac album . . . .
I would love a mix of UtS and GoS with that Mac shine! If it lives up to what you describe then they could make as many more as they want.

My point wasn't that I didn't like Say You Will (because I do), I just meant that I don't think that it had the normal FM feel. I think that FM is almost like a musically holy institution and has a certain feel to most of it's albums and if it deviates too far from that then it just might be easy to dismiss them as another band that hit it big early, but later on just lost it. Of course, none of us would (I think). When I listen to all of the SN/LB era Mac stuff, I can really feel the growth of the band as a whole. But when I listen to the solo stuff, it seems to pick up at a different point and grow from there. I think that any Mac album should not be a Mac album just because they feel like putting one out, but because they have something Macificational to put out. My point is that if they want to put out something that would truely be a Mac album they should do it, but if they want to put out a collection of songs written by SN/LB that have McVie, Fleetwood, Nicks, and Buckingham playing on it, then it should be a solo album.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

18 songs was a bit too much, even though there are some real nice ones on SYW.