The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: When Will We See a New FM Website?
Soon, before the new tour 9 24.32%
Sometime during the new tour 8 21.62%
Soon after the new tour 2 5.41%
Maybe in our lifetime 4 10.81%
Our great-grandchildren might not see it 7 18.92%
There's a FM website? 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default When Will We See a New FM Website

Do they even remember that they have a site? I mean Lindsey is bad about updating his site, but the Fleetwood Mac website is just out of hand. I just wanted to see what you Ledgies thought...
Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

:/ I don't think ever. The Nicks Fix doesn't update very much either and Christine doesn't even have a website!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they will probably sell VIP tickets through the site and merchandise, so they will update it just before the tour, for that reason alone.

Michele
Old 11-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Our great-grandchildren might not see it!

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 11-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think they will probably sell VIP tickets through the site and merchandise, so they will update it just before the tour, for that reason alone.

Michele

Get ready to rob the bank for this one as I am sure the prices will be over the top. I love them but give my wallet a break!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 11-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmar71 View Post
Get ready to rob the bank for this one as I am sure the prices will be over the top. I love them but give my wallet a break!
I really don't know what to think. Irving Azoff's big claim to fame is the money he was able to get for the Eagles tickets years ago. So, I know they're going for top dollar. Live Nation being involved makes that even more true.

On the other hand, we're facing the type of economy we haven't seen in decades. So, maybe they will have to make a concession on ticket prices. Michele
Old 11-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Ledgie

I honestly don't understand why artists have to shut down their websites before a new product (album,tour,dvd,etc.) comes out. Can't they keep the site running and add pages to the site covering whatever is new? In an age where artists are releasing products to one store only (Best Buy,Target,Wal-Mart,etc.) it would be great if there was a place for ALL fans to find this information. As much as these musicians make they can affordto have someone update and keep their website running! As Mr. Scott once said "A chimpanzee and two trainees could run it."
Old 11-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://fleetwoodmac.com/

My best guess is that a new placeholder for www.fleetwoodmac.com appears the same week tour itinerary is announced. I see one page with tour dates & ticket info links as well as sales links to purchase FM music.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really don't know what to think. Irving Azoff's big claim to fame is the money he was able to get for the Eagles tickets years ago. So, I know they're going for top dollar. Live Nation being involved makes that even more true.

On the other hand, we're facing the type of economy we haven't seen in decades. So, maybe they will have to make a concession on ticket prices. Michele
I will sit wherever I can afford tickets. If that means going to 10 shows and sitting in the rafters each night, so be it. I just wanna be there. the rest will take care of itself.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:57 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
I mean Lindsey is bad about updating his site
Hey now- LB.com does an *excellent* job of re-wording published press releases. Be fair!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:33 AM
Registered

Quote:

Ticket range will be right about $160/$90/$50... with "Hot Seats" (in the 1st ten rows, a collectible laminate, and maybe a meet & greet) for much more.

As I've said before, and as I'll say again (not as much for dramatic effect, but because its a fact)- this is a CASH GRAB. Its their last tour and they're going to milk it for all they can.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember when the Penguin was trying to become the official site, when we all wrote about why we loved the site, or something? (why it should be the official site I guess). Then Fleetwoodmac.com was launched, as was mickfleetwood.com and they were so bad that one wonders why they even bothered. So, not sure if there is any point launching an official site because it will only be trying to get us to buy something.

All in all, other than a few dedicated fan sites, the quality of the FM sites has gone downhill in the past ten years. They aren't updated that much, they are often out of date or just try to sell us crap.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
VIP? How does that work?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
VIP? How does that work?
They will charge you anywhere between $500-$1000 for a ticket/package that may or may not include a meet & greet. May or may not include a poster and a "special" t shirt, and a probably a $5.00 coupon to buy stuff from their "cart." And you'll probably get "special" access to an area on the website that shows "exclusive" pictures and maybe a blog about the band on tour, but probably not written by any member of the actual band.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
They will charge you anywhere between $500-$1000 for a ticket/package that may or may not include a meet & greet. May or may not include a poster and a "special" t shirt, and a probably a $5.00 coupon to buy stuff from their "cart." And you'll probably get "special" access to an area on the website that shows "exclusive" pictures and maybe a blog about the band on tour, but probably not written by any member of the actual band.
OMG! What if I ever had the chance...!...I really, really hope that they'll come to Sweden!!!!! Does anyone know if they're going to come to Europe and Sweden...?...really want to know! If they'll come here, I'll be on the 1st row!!! I promise!