Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default At this time last year...

I was just looking through some old posts. At this time last year, we had recently gotten a new live CD/DVD. We had a bug in our ears about a possible solo album and were placing bets on if it would actually get released any time in the foreseeable future. I think around this time, we found out about the possible FM tour and were trying to figure out if that was going to once again get in the way of the LB solo release and/or tour. Would he release and tour before the FM commitment or would the solo stuff go out the window?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think this past year has been a great time to be a fan of the man. Not only did we get the solo album in a ridiculously timely fashion, we got a kickass solo tour, and a few months later, got the FM tour. All of it, in my opinion, was exciting and fabulous and the man is still on fire.

I guess this is my post-show reflection coming out but felt like throwing this out there! I really hope we get another year like this past one, with new material and live shows, in the near future!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you. This actually gives me hope that indications of a new Fleetwood Mac album may prove true.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. It's a good time to be a fan. The GOS tour was by far the best of the three solo tours that he's done in terms of both performance and setlist. Sure, I could have added 20more songs to the set but I was happy with all the choices for what made the cut. It was a very balanced list. Here's to hoping it won't be too long before we get more Lindsey music, either solo or Mac.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The highlight of that year in FM terms was the release of the GOS album for sure. It's probably my favourite of Lindsey's solo albums. I just wish I had gotten the LP+CD version with the LP mastering on the CD instead of just the regular CD that is just turned up way too loud.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got it and it doesn't seem to me to be the LP mastering. It's certainly not much less compressed if I'm remember right. I was very disappointed. It said it was the audiophile version but the chorus of LRD (to take one example) was still a rectangular waveform. There was no significant difference. I'll maybe go back to it at the weekend and see if I'm remember it wrong.