Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Uncut - November (Mac To The Future)

'Don't Stop, It'll Soon Be Here...'

FLEETWOOD MAC welcome Christine McVie back in the fold, and plan a British return. "It's all about you, Chris," says Stevie Nicks...

The newly reformed 1970s blockbuster lineup of Fleetwood Mac starring Christine McVie will head to the UK for shows early next summer, singer Stevie Nicks tells Uncut, and their first ever Glastonbury is not being ruled out.

"Chris is excited to come back to London. It'll be soon, probably May," says Nicks, as a rejuvenated Mac prepare to head out on their first US tour with the classic Rumours lineup since October 31, 1982, when the troubled five-piece played the final show of their Mirage tour. "Glastonbury? You never know. You have to weave festivals in [to the tour]. It's being discussed."

McVie, who quite the group in 1998, joined her former bandmates onstage for an emotional encore of "Don't Stop" during their shows in London last September and became an official member again in January when the new tour, dubbed On With The Show, was announced. "The second people saw she was coming back, the tickets just sold," says Nicks, "and I tell her: 'It's a good thing you're in really great shape and you're happy about this, because it is all about you.' It's fun to see it through her eyes, her being gone for so long, because she's so excited."

With the band not getting any younger, Nicks admits McVie's return has plenty of benefits. "It's less work when it comes down to it as Lindsey [Buckingham] and I don't have to sing 50/50. Now we do a third each so it's less singing and a little less physically difficult, so that's nice. Her music is very different too, so it adds to everything."

McVie, who at 71 is the oldest member, brings eight songs to the new set including "Say You Love Me", "Little Lies" and "Everywhere", which haven't been played in concert since the Mac's one-off live special, The Dance, in '97. Christine may have been gone for 16 years but she sure didn't forget anything," says Nicks of the band's seven weeks of rehearsals which began in LA at the start of August. "I look over at her and she looks exactly the same as she did when she left. And when she counts in the songs, she goes: 'A-one, a-two, a-three' in her English accents and she sounds exactly the same! It's been a lot of fun as she has a raucously funny sense of humour that my serious singing partner and I don't have. And then the other two English people in the band pick up the gauntlet and the whole thing becomes much more easygoing."

Earlier this year Buckingham confirmed McVie had been involved in sessions in LA for a new Mac album - song titles include "Red Sun" and "Carnival Begin" - which Nicks missed partly due to solo commitments in Nashville where she recorded her latest LP, 24 Karat Gold - Songs From The Vault. "I don't know what Chris has written but she's an amazing writer and she's probably got 16 years of pent-up poetry," says Nicks.

"That's probably why she started to think: 'Why the hell am I out here in this castle, 40 miles outside of London, gardening and cooking? I'm a rock star.' So I think she just got up one day and thought: 'This is crazy - I'm going back to work.'

"I'm just glad she's back," Nicks adds. "I've missed her very much."

- PIERS MARTIN

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-23-2014, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine is going to have eight songs in the set. Including: Say You Love Me, Little Lies, and Everywhere. Of course they'll play You Make Loving Fun, that's four. If they're counting Don't Stop as one of those eight, that makes five, Songbird is also a strong contender, that makes six. What could the other two be? I hope they're not counting Don't Stop in that eight.

Fingers crossed for Hold Me, but breath not being held. They should do more Mirage songs they only ever do Gypsy.

Also if Christine is doing eight songs maybe all three are doing eight and the set will be twenty-four songs, that would be nice.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 09-23-2014 at 06:08 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Christine is going to have eight songs in the set. Including: Say You Love Me, Little Lies, and Everywhere. Of course they'll play You Make Loving Fun, that's four. If they're counting Don't Stop as one of those eight, that makes five, Songbird is also a strong contender, that makes six. What could the other two be? I hope they're not counting Don't Stop in that eight.

Fingers crossed for Hold Me, but breath not being held. They should do more Mirage songs they only ever do Gypsy.

Also if Christine is doing eight songs maybe all three are doing eight and the set will be twenty-four songs, that would be nice.
i'm with you on Hold Me, but not only Gypsy, they also often do Eyes from Mirage.

whose song is it if not Christine's?

according to the lists we've seen:
  • you make loving fun
  • everywhere
  • say you love me
  • little lies
  • brown eyes
  • dont stop
  • world turning
  • Songbird

since Christine and Lindsey co-wrote World Turning it's possible they may count it towards both his and her 8, so that would make 23.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-23-2014, 08:56 AM

Thanks for posting! Great article. Nice to see Christine bringing the humor as a bridge to getting everyone enjoying the process of being in FMac.

Stevie has really been the most respectful to Christine's departure. I believe her when she says she's missed her.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-23-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Great little article! Super excited there's still a conscious discussion about Glastonbury.

It's still a little frustrating that Stevie won't mention working on new material for the band. I know she has a solo album to promote, but every time it's brought up that Christine or Lindsey have written new stuff, she doesn't really make any comments about her own present or future contributions.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The leaked setlist still matches what we've heard from articles like this one. Little Lies is now confirmed, which is great.

I'd love to see Hold Me added, or Oh Daddy, but I think Elle's eight are what we're getting.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The the writer do his research? They haven't played live since 82? A one night live special the Dance?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The the writer do his research? They haven't played live since 82? A one night live special the Dance?
I think that was a typo- they haven't played in the UK, not the US since '82. That part of the article was referencing how Christine was excited to be back performing in England. The Dance was a 40 date US only tour... so the 5 piece band truly hasn't performed in the UK in 32 years.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
The leaked setlist still matches what we've heard from articles like this one. Little Lies is now confirmed, which is great.

I'd love to see Hold Me added, or Oh Daddy, but I think Elle's eight are what we're getting.
Just thought this. It'll be interesting if we do have a legit leaker on the webs instead of the usual frauds.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Just thought this. It'll be interesting if we do have a legit leaker on the webs instead of the usual frauds.
Can we have more leaked information then in addition to their latest post? Pretty please. Yes, I'm greedy.

"One week to go. I hope all you guys and gals who are attending the Mac shows this tour enjoy yourselves. The band is ready to go and you’re in for one hell of a show. They haven’t played this well in years."
- http://musicman01031975.tumblr.com

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Can we have more leaked information then in addition to their latest post? Pretty please. Yes, I'm greedy.

"One week to go. I hope all you guys and gals who are attending the Mac shows this tour enjoy yourselves. The band is ready to go and you’re in for one hell of a show. They haven’t played this well in years."
- http://musicman01031975.tumblr.com
I've only checked his blog once, is there more stuff on there or just the stuff from before? Also can you pm people on tumblr? I'd be interested in asking this person some questions. lol I'm sure we all would.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
It's still a little frustrating that Stevie won't mention working on new material for the band. I know she has a solo album to promote, but every time it's brought up that Christine or Lindsey have written new stuff, she doesn't really make any comments about her own present or future contributions.
True. She says she doesn't know what Christine has written, so as of that interview, she hadn't listened to the songs Christine and Lindsey had been working on in Stevie's absence.

Michele
Old 09-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm with you on Hold Me, but not only Gypsy, they also often do Eyes from Mirage.

whose song is it if not Christine's?

according to the lists we've seen:
  • you make loving fun
  • everywhere
  • say you love me
  • little lies
  • brown eyes
  • dont stop
  • world turning
  • Songbird

since Christine and Lindsey co-wrote World Turning it's possible they may count it towards both his and her 8, so that would make 23.

Don't Stop is a Christine song, but that has still been performed since her retirement. It's one of the "must play" songs.

World Turning is a band song.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:51 AM
Danigirl
This message has been deleted by Danigirl.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post

World Turning is a band song.
Not if you count writers. It's Buckingham/McVie. Vocally and composition.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How well are the tickets selling? Are a lot of the venues sold out?