Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Did this get cancelled?
I'm kind of surprised it was even an issue. I've rented both DVDs in the last few weeks & out of the 7 episodes I liked all of them except the one where her family visits & the one where Merv fixes her up with the billionaire. Otherwise the show was worth sticking around.

- Jake
Old 07-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, you could always watch Lisa Kudrow in The Comeback which is equally as sucky, IMO.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit

Alley Thinks Big for Showtime's 'Fat Actress'
(Thursday, July 22 10:05 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) You would think that an eight-time Emmy nominee would have better things to talk about than her fluctuating weight. Or at least Kirstie Alley thinks so. The "Cheers" star's battle with public perceptions is at the center of "Fat Actress," a semi-autobiographical comedy in development at Showtime.
The premium cable network has ordered six episodes of "Fat Actress," which will blend the comedy and reality genres. Alley and the rest of the show's cast will work off of a story outline, but most of the dialogue will be improvised.

Alley is serving as co-creator and executive producer on the series, joining "7th Heaven" (and "Mad About You") veteran Brenda Hampton. "Fat Actress" will focus on Alley's quest for work, love and acceptance in Hollywood, as well as her battle with her weight and media awareness of her size.

"Kirstie Alley came to us -- with 24 dozen Krispy Kremes in hand -- and said she was so tired of seeing unflatteringly fat pictures of herself on the cover of The Star that it was time for her to send-up her own image as well as Hollywood's obsession with weight and beauty," says Showtime Entertainment President Robert Greenblatt.
Greenblatt continues, "Kirstie is an incredibly gifted comedian and a beautiful woman [regardless of her size], and we jumped at the chance to go behind the scenes of her life in a unique comedy series format."

A two-time Emmy winner for "Cheers" and the telefilm "David's Mother," Alley is looking forward to beginning production in September for a 2005 premiere.

"Finally a network that feels just like home," she says. "They don't give a damn how much I eat or how many men I sleep with as long as it's on camera."
I've said it before about celebs...I dont feel a damn bit sorry for them. They've got it made..millions...nice homes...few worries when it comes to finances.

You know what makes me sick? I was flipping channels the other day and actually saw Kirstie on Oprah. I watched a bit because i was blown away at how "large" she was. A few minutes into the show I realize Oprah is totally redoing Kirstie's kitchen, giving her the "dream kitchen" she always wanted. UNBELIEVABLE. There are hundreds of thousands of people out there that need more help than that woman. Charity work for celebrities!? Ridiculous. Oprah and her team of crack heads can lick my sack. ...Yeah, that's how mad that made me.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
I've said it before about celebs...I dont feel a damn bit sorry for them. They've got it made..millions...nice homes...few worries when it comes to finances.

You know what makes me sick? I was flipping channels the other day and actually saw Kirstie on Oprah. I watched a bit because i was blown away at how "large" she was. A few minutes into the show I realize Oprah is totally redoing Kirstie's kitchen, giving her the "dream kitchen" she always wanted. UNBELIEVABLE. There are hundreds of thousands of people out there that need more help than that woman. Charity work for celebrities!? Ridiculous. Oprah and her team of crack heads can lick my sack. ...Yeah, that's how mad that made me.
Oprah didn't pay for that, Kirstie did. Oprah simply recommended her designer.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fat Actress sucked. I was like a train wreck that I couldn't stop watching.
And the different know
Old 07-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudden22
Fat Actress sucked. I was like a train wreck that I couldn't stop watching.
I know. I watched it but was so torn. I wanted to like it. Kudrow's show is just as bad. I was wondering if they're being written by the same people.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I know. I watched it but was so torn. I wanted to like it. Kudrow's show is just as bad. I was wondering if they're being written by the same people.
The comeback is pretty bad. I really like both of these actresses and wanted to like the shows, but there is not much there to like.

How about when Kirstie was talking like the dwarfs she had staying at her house. I was actually embarrassed for her.
And the different know
Old 07-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudden22
The comeback is pretty bad. I really like both of these actresses and wanted to like the shows, but there is not much there to like.

How about when Kirstie was talking like the dwarfs she had staying at her house. I was actually embarrassed for her.
I know. The only show that was remotely funny was the crack one. It was bizarre.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think happiness stems from much more than just financial success, so I do feel sorry for some of them. I'm not more shedding tears for them than for the many folks who are in truly horrible situations in this world, but there are celebrities in miserable circumstances, no doubt. JMO

- Jake
Old 07-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I think happiness stems from much more than just financial success, so I do feel sorry for some of them. I'm not more shedding tears for them than for the many folks who are in truly horrible situations in this world, but there are celebrities in miserable circumstances, no doubt. JMO

- Jake

I agree, but having more money allows you enjoy your life without having bills hanging over your head, worrying about unexpected expenses coming up...etc..
Old 07-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A dream kitchen ? That is silly. She needs a dream GYM, methinks.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When you have money, you still have problem's, just different ones.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I agree, but having more money allows you enjoy your life without having bills hanging over your head, worrying about unexpected expenses coming up...etc..
Not necessarily. The bills hanging over your head are larger and the unexpected expenses are larger too.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
When you have money, you still have problem's, just different ones.
Emotional well-being or lack thereof doesn't know from money. Often, neither does health.

- Jake